5 Career Books for Every Jobseeker
Reading a good book continues to be one of the most enriching and satisfying ways to spend one’s time, even in the age of digital explosion. A good career book, on the other hand, is more than just entertaining. If it manages to draw you in, it could even help you discover who you really are.
Career books typically provide you with a deep insight into the culture of different careers and workplaces, which can enable you to find your place in the workforce.
If reading has been an item on your list of New Year’s resolutions, then World Book Day 2016 has come around just in time to help you with that. If you find yourself drawing up a list of books you need to read, make sure to include these 5 career books in the same.
- What Color Is Your Parachute? 2015: A Practical Manual for Job-Hunters and Career-Changers (2015); Richard Bolles: The updated version of the world’s popular job-hunting guide is here. It’ll have you covered on effective job-hunting strategies, writing compelling resumes and cover letters, networking effectively, negotiating the best salary possible, and discovering the career that is uniquely meant for you.
- Never Eat Alone: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time (2014); Keith Ferrazzi: A handy guide to building and maintaining healthy relationships with the people at work, Never Eat Alone takes you to a level that is much deeper than that of simply networking for benefits.
- Winning the Right Job: A Blueprint to Acing the Interview (2015); Pratibha Messner , Wolfgang Messner: This one goes into the details of every level of the complex interview process to help you get to that dream job. For both entry-level jobseekers and mid-career changers, this is a step-by-step guide to turn your career goals into reality.
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? How to drive your career and create a remarkable future (2010); Seth Godin: A linchpin is an employee that is an indispensable asset to the organization. The author talks about how each one of us can work towards becoming valuable assets to our place of work by continually reinventing ourselves.
- Smart Answers to Tricky Interview Questions (2015); Rob Yeung: A comprehensive compilation of a vast variety of interview questions (along with their answers) that you could asked, this book will have you covered for all kinds of scenarios.
You may like to read this
MeraJob November 23, 2015
India Inc. witnesses 60% hike in online recruitment
According to the Monster Employment Index*, there has been a 60% growth in online recruitment, increasing from 32% in August. Hiring activity has been led by the production and manufacturing sectors. On the second level have been banking, financial services, and insurance in terms of online opportun...
MeraJob November 2, 2015
15 Lakh Jobs to be created with First Mobile Manufacturing Electronics cluster in India
Tirupati | Oct 23, 2015: Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone for Shri Venkateswara Mobile and Electronics Manufacturing Hub in Tirupati today. Union Ministers M Venkaiah Naidu, Ashok Gajapathi Raju and Nirmala Sitaraman, Governor ESL Narasimhan and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N ...