5 Reasons Why You’re Single This Valentine’s Day
It’s that time of the year again—the proverbially romantic month of the year is here. As the countdown to the most romantic day of the year intensifies, do you find yourself dreading the imminence of the 14th of February?
If you find yourself without a date on Valentine’s Day yet again this year, here are 5 reasons as to why that could be the case:
1. You lack self-confidence: You may have heard it a million times before, but there’s some truth to the saying that if you don’t love yourself, no one else will love you. When you love yourself, you believe in your abilities. And when you believe in your abilities, it really shows and makes you an attractive person.
2. You don’t express yourself: Being shy and reserved have never been coveted qualities in the dating game. If you like someone, you must be prepared to tell him/her. If you fear that you don’t speak well and therefore feel intimidated by the prospect, then go ahead and brush up your language skills. Communication is key not just to land a great job but also to land a great partner!
3. You don’t have a job: It is a truth universally acknowledged that love, apart from being blind, is also an expensive affair! With Valentine’s Day around the corner, even the commonest of red roses begin to cost you an arm and a leg. Not having a job, therefore, can be a major deterrent. Having a good job, apart from taking care of the candlelit dinners and weekend getaways, lends you credibility and shows that you are a responsible, skilled and intelligent person.
4. You think you’re better than the rest: At the other end of the spectrum is the belief that you’re better than everyone else. Your arrogance is probably showing through and putting people off.
5. You’re waiting for the ideal partner: The first rule of dating is to understand that there is no such thing as the ideal partner. We’re all a sum of our flaws, but that’s exactly what makes each one of us beautiful. Stop waiting for “the one” and take a look around at the world full of beautiful people.
Consider these five reasons and act on them so that you, too, can wait eagerly for February 14, 2017!
You may like to read this
MeraJob May 30, 2016
5 Ways to Achieve Work-Life Balance
For as long as we can remember, work-life balance has been a topic of great discussion. However, it is interesting to note that in this day and age, it has become a matter that needs more attention than ever. While technology has played an indispensable role in enabling hitherto unimagined...
MeraJob September 20, 2014
Why You Don’t Need That Dream Job to Succeed
If you’ve applied for your dream job and subsequently experienced the blow of a rejection, you may feel that you’ve blown your big chance for success. But this needn’t be the case at all! Read on for our guide to picking yourself up and re-setting your enthusiasm for the next step! Success ...