5 Reasons Why You’re Single This Valentine’s Day
It’s that time of the year again—the proverbially romantic month of the year is here. As the countdown to the most romantic day of the year intensifies, do you find yourself dreading the imminence of the 14th of February?
If you find yourself without a date on Valentine’s Day yet again this year, here are 5 reasons as to why that could be the case:
1. You lack self-confidence: You may have heard it a million times before, but there’s some truth to the saying that if you don’t love yourself, no one else will love you. When you love yourself, you believe in your abilities. And when you believe in your abilities, it really shows and makes you an attractive person.
2. You don’t express yourself: Being shy and reserved have never been coveted qualities in the dating game. If you like someone, you must be prepared to tell him/her. If you fear that you don’t speak well and therefore feel intimidated by the prospect, then go ahead and brush up your language skills. Communication is key not just to land a great job but also to land a great partner!
3. You don’t have a job: It is a truth universally acknowledged that love, apart from being blind, is also an expensive affair! With Valentine’s Day around the corner, even the commonest of red roses begin to cost you an arm and a leg. Not having a job, therefore, can be a major deterrent. Having a good job, apart from taking care of the candlelit dinners and weekend getaways, lends you credibility and shows that you are a responsible, skilled and intelligent person.
4. You think you’re better than the rest: At the other end of the spectrum is the belief that you’re better than everyone else. Your arrogance is probably showing through and putting people off.
5. You’re waiting for the ideal partner: The first rule of dating is to understand that there is no such thing as the ideal partner. We’re all a sum of our flaws, but that’s exactly what makes each one of us beautiful. Stop waiting for “the one” and take a look around at the world full of beautiful people.
Consider these five reasons and act on them so that you, too, can wait eagerly for February 14, 2017!
You may like to read this
MeraJob January 5, 2016
11 Office Habits You Must Change in 2016
Almost as if it were auspicious, we think about starting over and reinventing ourselves in the New Year. What better way to do that than to draw out a list of New Year’s Resolutions? But while you’re trying to eat better, exercise more and work harder, here’s a list of 11 office habits th...
MeraJob November 3, 2016
How To Be More Productive
The Internet abounds with tips and tricks to help us be more productive. But we seem to keep coming back for more. What does it really mean to be productive? Does it mean to work harder? Does it mean to get more things done in less time (to be efficient)? Or is it about the quality of the end result...