6 Job Search Struggles Every Jobseeker Can Relate To
No matter how rich and diverse your work experience is and how credible your qualifications are, looking for the right job always seems to come with its fair share of difficulties.
The following are 6 job search struggles (with some effective solutions) that nearly every jobseeker can relate to.
1. The ‘Experience’ Paradox: It is not uncommon for job posts to call for a minimum number of years of experience, but the irony is that you first need a job to get the requisite experience! To solve the ‘experience’ paradox, find the right fresher job that’s meant just for you.
2. The Imperfect CV: Should you mention your hobbies on your CV? What are the details that you should put on your CV and which ones should you omit? What is the ideal length of your CV? The truth is that, in the current job search scenario, the CV is an outdated document. To address the inadequacies of the CV, and to capture your skills, qualifications and preferences in a visually appealing and comprehensive manner, and to find matching jobs, create your SmartProfile™ today.
3. Getting rejected: Despite our best efforts, some jobs just don’t work out for us. Make sure to not let the rejection affect you and get you down. The key is to try again and to make sure you’re applying to jobs that match your skills. Here’s what you should do if you get rejected in a job interview.
4. No interview calls: You’ve applied to several jobs and you haven’t yet received any interview calls? The simple solution to this problem is for you to pick up your phone and give MeraJob a call. With our Interview Now feature, you can interview for matching jobs right away. No more waiting.
5. The lull after the interview: It’s been a while since the job interview but you haven’t heard from the company yet? There could, of course, be several reasons for that. But instead of wondering what may be going on at the other end, you could use this time to enhance your interview skills and apply for jobs that match your skills and preferences.
6. Not finding the right job: The answer to this problem is to look for a job in the right place. We’re often caught in jobs that just aren’t meant for us and we’re forever waiting in vain for that dream job to come along. But that dream job will remain a dream until you look for it in the right place. On MeraJob.in, you can finally find the job that you’ve always wanted.
You may like to read this
MeraJob November 26, 2015
Indian employees get used to corporate pampering
Just as job seekers find it a challenge to land up with good jobs, employers are equally desperate in finding way to retain key talent. In fact, so crucial is this aspect that the HR practices of a company are often judged in terms of the average retention level of their workforce. While an emplo...
MeraJob February 2, 2017
3 Interview Questions about the Indian Budget
Imagine you go for an interview for an IT job but the interviewer has been reading about the Budget announcement. After asking you technical questions regarding your field he suddenly decides to test your general knowledge. Of course, as a programmer, or a sales person, or a banking executive, or...