6 Surefire Ways To Stay Motivated At Work
To get ourselves to do just about anything, we need motivation. Even to get us out of bed every morning, it’s motivation that we need. We’re looking for inspiration everywhere and all the time—in people, in activities, in quotes, movies and books, and yet it doesn’t seem to stick.
It is no surprise that the one thing that we need to feel most motivated about is our work. Being motivated at work is far from easy. Work is commonly looked upon as drudgery—as that thing that must be done, morning to night, every single day for years and years of our lives.
So, how do we help this situation and find ways to stay motivated at work?
The key to feeling motivated, though, is to accept that it will only come from within. Here are 6 surefire ways that can help you tap into that reservoir of motivation that resides within you.
1. Identify your goals—short term and long term: The need for a goal is indispensable. Whether it is at the end of the day or at the end of the year, find something that you believe in and want to accomplish. If you can envision your goal, you will find it easier to work towards it.
2. Balance work and life: A good work-life balance helps you enrich not only your career goals but also your life goals. To stay motivated at work, you’ll need to be passionate about the other things that you choose to do in life. Reading, playing music, exercising, etc. are some of the ways in which you can channelize your energies.
3. Build relationships with co-workers: Recent research indicates that nurturing healthy relationships at work are important to determine your love for your job and can directly influence your productivity. Befriend your colleagues, and you’ll see the motivation kick in.
Related: Do you love your co-workers?
4. Reward yourself: Don’t wait too long to reward yourself. For every hour of work, give yourself 10 minutes off to do something that makes you happy. For every day of work, treat yourself to something nice. Every time you accomplish something—big or small—remember to pat yourself on the back.
5. Organise your life: Before you welcome motivation, you will need to create some space for it. From maintaining a neat and organised desk to effective time management, it’s important for you to be in control of how you spend your time and how you do your work.
Related: How to find your dream job
6. Value the work that you do: Choose a job that you love, and find meaning in what you do. Motivation comes in small daily doses and it is that which you need to find every single day. When you value your job (and the end results of the work you do), you’ll find yourself feeling motivated like never before.
To find a job that matches your skills and preferences, create your SmartProfile™ today.
You may like to read this
MeraJob November 26, 2016
Are you doing these 5 things before your job interview?
Getting a chance to interview for a job that you really want is great, but the interview is also the point at which most people go wrong. The main reason for that is that we tend to take interviews for granted and don’t prepare for them enough. Despite being skilled and qualified for the job, y...
MeraJob December 15, 2015
8 Customer Service Skills for Call Centre Employees
Customer service can be a tricky job, especially when it’s over the phone. The client will generally contact you when he or she has a problem and is unable to solve it. Sometimes, this situation can lead to a lot of anger and frustration on the client’s part, which makes it even harder for ...