How to Solve the Experience Issue
What comes first- the experience or the job? For that job you really want, they want you to have experience. And for that kind of experience, you really need the job first! It is this catch-22 situation that jobseekers often find themselves in. All you need is for that one recruiter to give you a chance so that you can finally have both the job and the experience. So, what can you do to address the experience issue and increase your chances of getting that job?
Here are some ways to enhance your ‘experience’ profile:
1. Internships: These are no longer restricted to college students and are not to be taken lightly. Internships are now seen as the new entry-level positions to gain a foothold into the industry of your choice. Not only does an internship provide you with the opportunity to acquire skills and gain experience relevant to the job, it also gives you the chance to network with people who might be useful in the future.
2. University achievements: Many of us make the mistake of disregarding the work experience we gain as students. If as a student in school and/or college, you wrote for the magazine, participated in debates, or did extensive research for a project, you should keep in mind that all these skills can be made useful at the workplace. These experiences and achievements must be brought to the recruiters’ notice.
3. Start at the bottom: You will sometimes feel that you are over-qualified for the job you are being offered. It may well be that you deserve to be offered a better role. But you may not have the requisite experience for it at the given point in time. However, it is crucial that you accept this job if it is the industry you aspire to work in. As long as you stay committed, employers will take notice of your work and you will get many opportunities to make progress in the field. But first, it is useful to accept what you are being offered and make an entry into the industry.
4. Leadership: If you are part of an organisation or are participating in an event, try to take on the leadership role. Employers view this in a positive light as it shows them your ability to take control of situations, work well in a team and lead effectively and responsibly.
5. Volunteer: It has been established that recruiters do assign a fair amount of importance to voluntary work. If you have volunteered in a particular sector, it will be seen as an effort and determination on your part to develop your skills, in addition to your willingness to give back in some way.
6. Entrepreneurial activities: Any small entrepreneurial activity that you undertake (like organising an event in your neighbourhood, selling a product or service online, starting a blog, etc.) demonstrates your business-like attitude. It will be all the more useful if you can get testimonials from people you have worked or volunteered with.
7. Register with MeraJob: One of the easiest and best ways to connect with employers is by registering with MeraJob. Once you call us, we create your SmartProfile™ that panoramically captures your skills, preferences, and other relevant experiences that will finally help you address the ‘experience’ issue to get you the job you desire!
To create your SmartProfile™, all you need to do is to ensure that you call MeraJob.in now. Dial 09266615555 anytime from 8 am to 10 pm. 7 days a week! Our tele-recruiters are waiting for you.
Content source: http://www.social-hire.com
Image source: http://www.ihatepresentations.com/tag/passion-2/
You may like to read this
Manish Basera June 25, 2015
Poor English hinders Career Growth for many Indian students
Speaking and understanding English well increases your chances of getting a great job that promises a bright future According to a Times Group news article, it has been found that poor English gets in the way of career growth for many Indian students despite of them being qualified otherw...
MeraJob August 29, 2016
What Should You Do on Your Birthday?
Every birthday is a milestone, and every milestone calls for a celebration! Your birthday also happens to be an occasion when you look back at your life to see how far you have come, and how far you would like to go. Here are some things you can do to have a memorable birthday and a grea...