Diary of a Job-Seeker- Final Episode
Veni , Vidi, Vici
When Julius Caeser won battle of Zela he sent a letter to Roman senate that read Veni (I came), Vidi (I saw), Vici (I conquered) and in my context I won the battle of interview process. I prepared well, I attended the interview and I conquered the job. Yes, I am finally going to begin my professional journey. And to celebrate my success, Rishika and I are going to dine at our favourite Chinese restaurant today. She is going to pay for it as my depleting pocket money figure is almost extinct now. But, once I get my first pay-check, I am taking her back there. But before I taste some Chinese recipe I will share my interview success recipe with you all.
Related: Diary of a Jobseeker- Day 1
I choose to call these my 10 Commandments to a successful interview:
- I showed up on time, in fact I was 10 minutes early
- I was dressed professionally (a formal plain shirt and trousers)
- I was well prepared (knew what the company did and what job role I applied to)
- I was calm and composed (guess all those role-plays proved very effective)
- I let the interviewer speak and did not interrupt *I asked questions when I did not understand something
- I demonstrated passion to work with organization and my willingness to learn
- I mirrored the body language of the interviewer (Read this on MJI’s blog)
- I spoke with clarity in my speech
- I had my cell phone on silent mode (may sound not a big deal but yes it is)
Above can be your 10 commandments to success too. Prepare well, read tips- (I read almost all the blogs on the Mera Job India’s site), role-play and most significantly stay confident and you will be able to conquer your dream job. I have to leave now as Rishika is here. But I will continue sharing my experiences with you, but not as a job-seeker anymore but an employee
See you later
You may like to read this
Alisha September 29, 2014
Diary of a jobseeker – Day 2
Regardless of age, position, business we happen to be in, all of us need to understand the importance of branding. We are CEO’s of our own company: Me Inc. To be in business today, our most important job is to be head marketer for the brand called 'You" ---Tom Peters Related: Diary of a Jobseek...
Alisha October 8, 2014
Diary of a Job Seeker – Day 3
Spectacular achievement is always preceded by spectacular preparation. - Robert H. Schuller Related: Diary of a Jobseeker- Day 4 Dear Diary, I am now preparing for my interview. Yes, I have an interview scheduled after 2 days with that big Bank. I did mention it earlier, right? Well, Tea...