Work Culture: Does it work for you?
The work culture of a company is what determines whether you will love your job or hate it. There is no such thing as ‘bad work culture’. Nor is there anything like ‘good work culture’. It’s all about finding the right fit for you. Before you walk in for that job interview and accept the offer, make sure that the company offers you just the kind of work culture you’re looking for.
At the end of the day, there is more to a job than just the salary and the role.
The work environment, the freedom to innovate, skill enhancement opportunities, and preferences of location, timings, etc. that you may have play a big part in making you love the work that you do.
Here is how you can find out if a company’s work culture is to your liking.
– Talk to the employees in the company. Find out what they most like about working there.
– Observe the environment in the office. What are the interactions between the co-workers like? Is it a jovial and relaxed environment, or is it a serious and strictly work-oriented one?
– Does the company allow for and encourage innovative ways of working, or are the employees asked to follow standard procedures and routines?
– If you are applying for a particular role in the company, it is a good idea to talk to someone in that position. This will give you an idea of the key responsibilities, the nature of the work, the timings, and the job profile in general.
– It is useful to find out if the company encourages and provides for skill development and other training opportunities. This is a sign that the company values its employees and is willing to invest in them.
– Promotions, incentives, reimbursements and recreational activities are significant aspects of the work culture. Make sure that you find the ones that are to your liking.
Making a list of all the aforementioned features of the company will give you a good idea of whether or not its work culture is to your liking.
You may like to read this
Gaurav Jain May 30, 2015
MeraJob.in – India’s First Job Matching Portal
Why apply on a portal when you can be pre-interviewed for jobs that are meant for you? Why are Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan, Lata Mangeshkar, Steve Jobs, Jack Ma, Ratan Tata and many such great personalities so successful in their respective careers? The answer is simple! They chose their wor...
MeraJob March 7, 2016
New Career Options for Women
The doorbell rings. You’ve been expecting a delivery. But when you open the door, the delivery boy is nowhere to be seen. It is time for things to change. And the pioneer of this change in India has been Amazon. Since January this year, Amazon has initiated its pilot venture of women-only deliv...