How to Hire the Best Candidates for the Job
The success of your company hinges on the people you hire. As recruiters, we’re looking to hire only the best people out there. But is there a way to be assured that we’re reaching out to the best talent? Traditional job portals are often restrictive in that they only allow a very small segment of jobseekers to signal their presence on an online platform. In the mass-hiring segment in India, and for entry-level jobs in particular, there are millions of skilled jobseekers that remain largely inaccessible by employers only because there have thus far been no suitable channels to enable this communication.
When looking to hire the best candidates for the job at hand, multi-channel sourcing is the answer. With the advent of job portals 2.0, such as MeraJob.in, which is India’s 1st Job Matching portal, recruiters can now access vast pools of talented candidates across the country.
For sales, customer service, operations, and many other such roles in the mass-hiring segment, recruiters can make use of multiple channels to hire the best candidates for the job.
Some quick tips that can help you hire the best person for the job:
1. Multi-channel sourcing of candidates: Overcoming the barriers of location and of inaccurate and unreliable CVs has become increasingly important in the mass-hiring segment. MeraJob’s partnership with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), Ministry of Skill Development, Government of India, National Career Service (NCS already has a registered user base of 36 million jobseekers), Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India, and PMKVY (Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna) make it the only job portal in India that reaches out to this large segment of potential candidates.
2. Clearly outlined job description (JD): Defining the role and responsibilities as clearly as possible will help filter out irrelevant and unsuitable applications. Establishing a few parameters to draft a clear and concise job description is crucial.
3. Pre-screening candidates: An efficient pre-screening mechanism defines a disruptive hiring process. MeraJob offers multiple pre-screening solutions to employers, which help reduce the time and money spent on hiring by ½. The candidate’s SmartProfile™ captures all the relevant details, in addition to behavioural indices, preferences and other key abilities, which will help you make a much more informed hiring decision.
4. Asking the right interview questions: Depending on the type of role you’re hiring for, a variety of job interview structures and formats can work. Along with effective pre-screening, it is important to have a roster of useful interview questions to ask the candidate to best determine the fit for the role.
5. Understanding what motivates the candidate: The key to attracting and retaining top talent is to understand what motivates the candidate (and what surprisingly does not—such as salary). Understanding the intent, behaviour pattern and preferences of the candidate will help determine the best way to recruit and retain talent.
Attracting and retaining top talent is the key to making your business successful. The first step to doing that is identifying the ways in which you can get to the best candidate for the job.
To hire at ½ the cost and in ½ the time, register with MeraJob.in.
You may like to read this
MeraJob November 19, 2014
The Key to Hiring Successfully
A successful enterprise is the product of its people. The one key to making your venture a success lies in hiring the right people. Skilled, motivated and efficient employees will help create and drive strategy, implement projects creatively, connect with customers and will greatly enhance the perfo...
MeraJob June 15, 2015
Rs. 1,500-crore PMKVY for Skill Development
More than 24 lakh people to be covered for skilling by NSDC as part of PMKVY with a budget of Rs 1,500 crores. National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) Managing Director and CEO, Dilip Chenoy, told PTI that they have begun implementing Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY) to provide sk...