Responsibilities and Duties
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily discharge billing, Cash Posting, Census
- Daily review and follow up on outstanding claims on aging
- Monthly billing of claims and responsible to handle the month end close for facilities.
- Bills all claims within appropriate timeframe from the date of service.
- Investigates all problems and solves all problem claims while correcting information in order to re-bill claim.
- Identifies and manages authorization, insurance changes, denials and appeals.
- Communicates professionally and effectively with patients, insurance companies, physicians and clinical personnel.
- Assist with special projects as needed
Qualifications - Position Requirements:
- Minimum 2-4 years’ experience in a RCM Cycle / Billing Profile working on Hospital / Physician setting.
- NCS, PCC, MEDFORCE, Emdeon and Ability experience a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft office, particularly excel.
- Strong knowledge of billing and collection practices
- Excellent customer service and telephone etiquette
- Able to work independently and performs multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Job Type: Full-time