Kasper Consulting Private Limited (www.kasperconsulting.com), is a small boutique consulting company. We are a group of professionals who offer our expertise in Information Technology (IT) and Business Process consulting to our clients from our real-life experiences of working as CIOs, CTOs, Operations Heads, Other Function Heads, etc. in companies such as Citibank, NA, ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, Max New York Life Insurance, GE Capital, Metlife Insurance, Max Healthcare, etc.
From our experience in working in the corporate world, we have seen that there is usually an understanding gap between the Business End Users and IT. Neither understands each other's domain. The Business End Users are expected to perform tasks that they have little experience on - tasks, such as preparing the business requirements document, or evaluating IT applications, or preparing user acceptance test plans, or doing the user acceptance test. They are also usually busy in their day-to-day tasks and therefore are not able to devote quality time to the IT projects. IT, in turn, usually does not understand the business.
If you have domain experience in Banking, Financial Services, Insurance, Manufacturing, FMCG, etc. - and are technology friendly - that is, you believe in using IT to help business in their day-to-day work, then you should consider the role of Techno-functional Consultant with us. For this role, you do not need to know software development or be a master of IT. You should be more 'functional' than 'techno'. So, if you have worked in Operations in the BFSI/manufacturing industry - or, have worked in IT companies as Business Systems Analysts for projects in the Banking or Financial Services domains, you should consider applying. Remember, you should be more 'functional' than 'techno'.
Typical responsibilities from the role include:
- Reengineer Process Workflows and prepare "to-be" process workflow maps
- Prepare the SOPs for the Operations Department
- Train the business users in the new SOPs and the new IT application system
- Write the Business Requirements Document, Functional Specifications Document, etc.
- Help with the User Acceptance Test (UAT) of the new IT application system
- Leading key sections of an engagement
- Day-to-day management of client relationships
- Researching issues and hypotheses regarding a client problem
- Assisting the Senior Consultant in formulating and implementing recommendations/solutions for the client
- Takes assigned project from original concept through Implementation
- Creates and maintains project schedule by developing project plans and specifications, estimating time requirements, estimating deadlines, monitoring milestone completion
- Provides timely reporting of issues that impact project progress and work towards resolving the same
- Documenting, prioritizing and tracking requests and coordinating with the Project Manager and the Team
- Identifying potential clients and maintaining strong working relationship with existing clients