Is it good to work for startup or we should go for established companies…???03-06-2016 / 10:54 am - Career Counselling - 0 Comments
There are a few key advantages and disadvantages of working for a startup. Because the company is still in its nascent stages, there is much scope for growth and creativity. Here are some pros and cons of working for a startup.
- Room for creativity and experimentation
- Flexible job descriptions
- Open and informal work environment
- The chance to grow and learn rapidly as you deal with challenges everyday
- Hard work pays off: You can rise steadily if you put in the hard work
- Small teams with a common goal: Promotes a positive work culture. You get the chance to work with a group of experienced and passionate people.
- You’re on your own: For the most part, you’ll have to figure things out on your own.
- Uncertain future: It’s difficult to say if the startup will succeed in its business.
- You can’t be assured of having the job long term. Things change rapidly every day in a startup.
- There’s little work-life balance, with employees having to put in long hours at work.
- Lower salaries: Not many startups can afford to pay their employees as much as larger corporations can.
Ultimately, it’s about making your choices. A startup is a great place for you to acquire the right skill sets and experience. The kind of learning that a startup environment provides is unmatched.
03-06-2016 / 10:54 am - MeraJob Expert