The following terms and conditions (‘T&C’) are applicable upon all members of the general public within India and are of the age of 18 years and above, who are using the Recruitment Centre (which includes website, mobile application, social media, etc. of Mera Job India Private Limited (hereinafter referred to as ‘MJI’)) and/or who are availing the recruitment services/related services (collectively herein after referred to as ‘Services’) of MJI in India or abroad.
These T&C shall also be applicable on the "Job Seeker" (hereinafter referred to as ‘JS’) i.e., a candidate who applies for a vacancy advertised on the portal of MJI viz., www.merajob.in and/or a person who uses the portal www.merajob.in or Recruitment Centre or any other channels described hereinabove above, for the purpose of finding/seeking employment or for learning and improving his/her chances to apply for and be selected for the right job and/or a person who has voluntarily evinced interest in having his/her own job profile by creation of a SmartProfile™ on MJI’s platform.
The SmartProfile™ for the JS that will be created by MJI, will be shared with the interested employer(s) and/or any third parties (authorized to list jobs on MJI’s portal) such as “recruitment consultants”/ “recruitment partners” (collectively herein after referred to as ‘Clients’) who are availing the Services of MJI in India or abroad. The JS and Clients of MJI shall hereinafter be collectively referred to as the Users.
It is hereby clarified by MJI that the Services being rendered by MJI to the Users are in the nature of being recruitment/training/related services; in course of which MJI is required to provide details and information of prospective candidates, including SmartProfiles™ to the Clients of MJI, who use MJI’s subscription-based services upon their specific requirements (skill/qualification based or on other parameters).
Basis the above need, MJI is creating a database of SmartProfiles™ (using proprietary technology of MJI) of JS wherein the JS voluntarily provides his/her information/details/personally identifiable data with MJI for the creation of the SmartProfile.
Terms and conditions applicable to JSs
All SmartProfiles™ created by MJI are subject to the following terms and conditions that compulsorily are applicable upon the JS who have permitted their respective SmartProfiles™ to be created by MJI.
Voluntary Disclosure: The JS confirms, agrees and acknowledges that he/she is providing their information/details/personally identifiable data with MJI for the creation of the SmartProfile voluntarily. The JS also confirms and acknowledges that they have been disclosed for the purpose of the submission of the information/data and accordingly agree/consent to the terms and conditions applicable upon the JS as stipulated by MJI from time to time.
Veracity of Information: The JS hereby confirms, agrees and acknowledges that he/she has provided true and correct information/details/personally identifiable data to MJI for the creation of their SmartProfile™. JS acknowledges that the information/ data being provided by the JS to MJI is correct, complete and updated in all respects at all times and does not contain any false, distorted, manipulated, fraudulent or misleading facts or averments. MJI will not be liable for any misrepresentation/incorrect facts, etc. that are provided by the JS and each JS shall be entirely responsible & liable for the veracity of the information shared with MJI for the creation of the SmartProfile™. JS acknowledges the fact that MJI will reply upon the information/data provided (by the JSs to MJI) and accordingly share the information of the JS(s) with interested 3rd parties/clients. The JS(s) agree(s) to bear the sole risk and responsibility for the information provided including the veracity and accuracy thereof and also agree(s) to indemnify MJI for all losses incurred by MJI due to any false, distorted, manipulated, fraudulent or misleading facts given by JS(s) to MJI.
Continuing acceptance of terms and conditions: The JS acknowledges that by sharing his/her information/data or responding to any marketing communications of MJI or by creation of SmartProfile™ (regardless of the level of completion); he/she has voluntarily accepted the terms and conditions applicable upon the JS from time to time including future version thereof, for which MJI will not be responsible or liable (in any manner) to intimate the JS of the changes in the terms and conditions (at any point in time).
Waiver of Rights: The JS hereby confirms that by creation of the SmartProfile, the JS has granted the right to MJI (to the exclusion / waiver of the individual JS’s rights) to (i) provide/share the information of the JS to/with the prospective employers/interested third party recruiter(s)/consultant(s) on a repeated basis based on job opportunities and requirements to keep SmartProfiles™ current and usable, without seeking JS’s consent each time, (ii) make calls/send SMS’s to the JS pursuant which shall not constitute unsolicited commercial communications/calls/SMS under the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) regulations and/or any such applicable law, (iii) send e-mails to the JS pursuant to any job-related information or otherwise (iv) use the information of the SmartProfiles™ for offering value-added services to the JS as well as related marketing/business activities determined by MJI at its sole discretion, (v) share information of any/all JS with 3rd parties for purposes including but not limited to background, skill development courses to JS, etc.
By creation of the SmartProfile, the JS hereby also agrees and acknowledges that he/she may also receive e-mails and/or SMS’s from prospective employers and/or recruiters/consultants for any recruitment related tasks/queries including, updating of profiles.
Grant of Permission: By creation of the SmartProfile™, the JS confirms that MJI has the right to assess JS(s) eligibility/fitness for any particular job(s) based on MJI’s proprietary tools. Further, basis such assessment, MJI has the right to infer capabilities and skills of the JS(s) vis-a-vis score the JS(s) for a fit as regards any particular job(s) on a best effort basis. The JS(s) shall at no time have any right to question and/or dispute the manner & methodology of MJI in this regard. MJI also has the right to revise/adjust scores based on MJI’s internal methodology which would be based on the background, skills, preferences and other related information disclosed by the JS(s). For illustration, a JS could face a revision of scores due to “no shows” for interviews or incorrect information given in the preparation of the SmartProfile™. The JS(s) unequivocally agree to the manner/method for the scoring adopted by MJI without any protest/dispute towards the same. JS will not hold MJI liable for any such assessment and/or consequent score provided to client of MJI/ the prospective employer by MJI.
Notwithstanding to what has been agreed under these T&C’s, inability of MJI to provide suitable job opportunities to JS, shall not be considered as deficiency of service under any circumstances, at any point of time.
Disclaimer & Limitation of Liability: The JS understand(s) and acknowledge(s) that creation of SmartProfile™ or any such assessment by MJI of JS does not constitute an “interview” for any employment opportunities nor does the SmartProfile™ assure/guarantee/promise (in any manner whatsoever) prospective employment to each/any JS. JS also understand(s) and acknowledge(s) that while offering such Services, MJI is merely acting as an intermediary/facilitator between the JS and the Client of MJI/ prospective employer. By doing so, MJI does cannot assure/guarantee the JS of any assured employment or any other aspect with regards the prospective employment including but not limited to description of employment, designation, grant of benefits, quality work environment, etc. No JS shall hold MJI responsible and/or liable in the event JS is not shortlisted for and/or fails to receive any employment opportunities and/or any response/satisfactory response from any prospective employer, pursuant to availing the recruitment services of MJI. No JS can hold MJI responsible for any actions/omissions that may occur inadvertently and/or due to human error and/or on the part of any prospective employer(s).
Skill Marketplace: JS understand(s) that some course provider(s)/institutes (as Clients of MJI) may also be listing their courses on Recruitment Center of MJI, which may come up with “job guarantee”. The course provider(s) /institutes shall provide details/specifications as regards placements/ “job guarantee” (if applicable). In doing so/while offering such services, MJI shall only act as a facilitator inviting JS who evince interest in the courses being listed / offered by the course provider(s)/institutes. Any interested JS shall directly approach and deal with the respective course provider regarding any fees, courses offered, timelines, placements, employment opportunities etc. JS agrees that MJI is not endorsing any courses or any course provider and shall not be involved in any arrangement of the JS with the course provider under any circumstances. The JS agrees that courses offered would be subject to a private contract privy only to the JS and the course provider. MJI shall not entertain/address any of JS’s grievances/claim(s), which may emerge from any arrangement that the JS may have with the course provider(s)/institutes. MJI makes no representation or warranty as regards placement/prospective employment of any JS, who opts and completes any course of the course provider. No JS shall hold MJI responsible and/or liable in the event JS fails to receive any employment opportunities/suitable employment opportunity, pursuant to completion of any of the courses of the course provider.
MJI does not take any responsibility for any security bonds (if) demanded by the Employer(s) from the JS(s) at the time of confirmation of employment. However, it is being clarified that MJI does not encourage such practices by the Employer(s). For purposes herein, MJI does not have any role in the dealing(s)/arrangement(s) between the Employer(s) and JS(s).
Continued Applicability: By creation of the SmartProfile™, the JS confirms that MJI will keep and regard the SmartProfile™(s) to continue within the MJI database until the particular JS contacts MJI for the removal of the SmartProfile™. Furthermore, MJI is not under any obligation to validate, update or revalidate the contents of the SmartProfile™ of any JS and it is the obligation of the JS to voluntarily update his/her SmartProfile™ with MJI. Also, these terms and conditions (as applicable from time to time) continue to be applicable to JS until such time that the JS contacts MJI for the removal of the SmartProfile™. The JS, by getting the SmartProfile™ done through MJI, also agrees that the SmartProfile™ forms a part of MJI’s proprietary database which can be shared with MJI’s prospective clients including any employers at any point of time. MJI cannot be held liable for sharing of any data with clients or other unrelated 3rd parties, if the JS does not voluntarily remove their SmartProfile™ from MJI’s proprietary database.
Opt-out: In case JS intends to remove his/her SmartProfile from MJI database and/or does not want the same to be shared with any particular section of Clients of MJI and/or wants to discontinue use of services of MJI, then JS shall be required to give reasonable prior notice to that effect in writing to MJI.
Dispute Resolution and Jurisdiction: All disputes/differences of any JS with regards MJI and/or the Services, shall be subject to the laws of the Republic of India and the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at New Delhi only.
Terms and conditions applicable to employers/consultants/recruiters (“Clients”)
All ‘Employer Online Access’ (EOA) product features created by MJI are subject to the following terms and conditions that compulsorily are applicable upon the Clients who have or are proposing to register with the EOA Product(s) of MJI.
Definitions: In these conditions the following words and phrases shall have the following meanings unless the context requires otherwise:
Campaign/Job: Any job listing issued by MJI through its portal/website/Recruitment Centre, viz, www.merajob.in and MJI’s mobile application, on behalf of the Client.
"Job Seeker" /‘JS’ i.e., a candidate who applies for a vacancy advertised on the portal of MJI viz., www.merajob.in and/or a person who uses the portal www.merajob.in or Recruitment Centre or any other channels described hereinabove above, for the purpose of finding/seeking employment or for learning and improving his/her chances to apply for and be selected for the right job and/or a person who has voluntarily evinced interest in having his/her own job profile by creation of a SmartProfile™ on MJI’s platform or any person whose profiles are sourced/uploaded/shared by any recruiter/consultant who has profiles of such persons, which he/she is uploading so that those persons become job seekers.
Dashboard: Platform to track the job application for the Client.
Subscriber/Client: The person(s) who have signed a Service Agreement for use of the Services of the MJI and includes an employer/recruiter/consultant.
SmartProfile™: Visual display of resume capturing skills, preference and intent of the Job Seeker
Services: The Services which MJI has agreed to provide to the Client and the Services which are available on the portal/website/Recruitment Centre of the MJI for use by the JS(s) including service to the JS wishing to post a resume or curriculum vitae for the purpose of seeking employment. Also, Services would include service to the User who wishes to receive advertisements and promotional messages on the portal/website/Recruitment Centre of MJI viz., www.merajob.in and through emails.
Products: MJI is a platform for managing, screening and sourcing profiles. There are 2 key offerings for anyone looking to hire using MJI’s platform.
The Products of MJI are broadly categorised in two parts: (a) SmartScreen (an online access product) available for employer(s)/ recruiter(s)/consultant(s) and such other third parties, and (b) SmartHire.
Under SmartScreen, the employer(s)/ recruiter(s)/consultant(s) and such other third parties, can post job(s) and set the required custom screening criteria. MJI’s matching algorithms will instantly share profiles that match the requirement of employer(s)/ recruiter(s)/consultant(s) and such other third parties. The said profiles are sourced from profiles uploaded by the user (being the Client) itself, profiles uploaded and shared by other users and profiles owned by MJI. If the user wants access to contact details for a profile owned by MJI or for a profile uploaded and shared by other users, the said user shall have to pay and unlock the required profile.
Under SmartHire, the employer(s) share their requirement with MJI instead of managing multiple consultant(s). MJI will share the requirement with its network of consultant(s), making sure that consultant(s) are sharing the right kind of profiles. MJI will be invoicing the employer(s) on every success and in consideration of consultant(s) business development efforts, the consultant(s) will receive payment/revenue share from MJI for every success.
The Product details along with features and price structure are more specifically detailed under the employer section of the MJI portal, which may be amended/ removed by MJI at its sole discretion. The Products available on the site/portal/Recruitment Centre of MJI can be availed by the Client(s) in combinations or individually.
The links to the Products are as under www.merajob.in/ezone/products.
User: Is either a JS or an employer or consultant or recruitment agency or any other person/entity who avails/subscribes to /of any Service of the MJI, whether or not registered on portal of the MJI and includes his/her successors and permitted assigns.
Registration Form: Form required to be filled/completed/accepted by the User for use of Services under the Campaign.
Agreement: shall mean and include the completed application form (available on MJI portal), its attachment(s) and the terms and conditions stated herein, duly completed/executed/accepted by the User. It shall be deemed to have been executed in New Delhi.
Service Agreement: The arrangement/ agreement executed by the MJI with the Client(s).
MJI: is defined as Merajob India Pvt. Ltd., an existing company under the Companies Act, 1956 and having its registered office at N-91, Greater Kailash, Part 1, New Delhi -110048
Date of Commencement: is the date of registration indicating the acceptance of the Terms & Conditions by the User of the Service.
Date of Termination: is the date of expiry of the Agreement communicated by MJI through notice or/and letter of termination.
Registration Data: Is the database of all the particulars and information supplied by the User on initial application and subscription, including but without limiting to the User's name, telephone number, mailing address, account and email address.
Terms applicable for Job listing on the job search section(s) of MJI
- MJI shall place the information relating to vacancies in the job search sections of MJI viz., merajob.in or such other mirror or parallel site(s) or in allied publications as MJI may deem fit and proper but such additional web hosting shall be without any extra cost to the subscriber / Client. The detailed features and functionality of the job listing solutions are available on the employer section of MJI site/portal, links of which are shared hereinabove.
- The insertion so displayed in the job search section of MJI /merajob.in shall be for a period (currently maximum 30 days, depending upon the Product(s) category), which period is subject to change without notice. Every instance of reposting of existing listing entitles the Client to an additional period (currently maximum 30 days, as per the Product(s)) starting from the date on which the listing is reposted and shall be counted as fresh posting; however prevailing reposting charges will apply.
- MJI reserves its right to reject any insertion or information/data provided by the Subscriber/Client without assigning any reason either before uploading or after uploading the vacancy details, but in such an eventuality, any amount so paid for, may be refunded to the Subscriber/Client on a pro-rata basis at the sole discretion of MJI.
- By posting/uploading a job on the portal/website/Recruitment Centre, Client confirm that they have obtained all licenses/permits as are necessary for the purposes of recruitment and accordingly, Client agrees to indemnify MJI against all claims, damages arising out of actions/claims that may be made/brought against MJI in relation to the same.
- MJI has the right to make modifications/edits to the vacancy details, as it may deem fit, in order to fit the same to its database.
- All information provided by the Client and displayed by MJI becomes public knowledge and MJI may at its sole discretion include the vacancy provided by a subscriber for display on the portal of MJI viz., merajob.in in any other media including the print media at no extra costs to the subscriber. It is clarified that MJI shall not be held liable for usage/publicity of such information.
- MJI offers no guarantee/warranty that the Client would receive any response/ satisfactory response once the job is put on display.
- MJI shall in no way be held liable for any information received by the recruiter/employer and it shall be the sole responsibility of the subscriber to check, authenticate and verify the information/response received at its own cost and expense.MJI shall be under no obligation to validate, update or revalidate the contents of the SmartProfile™ of any JS and/or the contents of any profiles sourced from profiles uploaded by the user itself or any other user.
- MJI would not be held liable for any loss of data, technical or otherwise, information, particulars supplied by the Subscriber, due to reasons beyond its control like corruption of data or delay or failure to perform as a result of any causes or conditions that are beyond MJI's reasonable control including but not limited to strike, riots, civil unrest, Govt. policies, tampering of data by unauthorized persons like hackers, war and natural calamities.
- MJI will commence providing Services only upon receipt of the requisite amount/charges/fees upfront either from the Subscriber/Client or from an authorized third party on behalf of the Subscriber/Client.
- The Client shall be deemed to have given an undertaking to MJI that the jobs sought to be advertised on the job search section of MJI viz., merajob.in are in existence, are genuine and that the Subscriber/Client has the authority to advertise such jobs.
- The Subscriber/Client must give an undertaking to MJI that there will be no fee charged from any person who responds to jobs advertised on the job search section of MJI viz., merajob.in for processing of applications / responses from such person.
- MJI reserves its right to change the look, feel, design, prominence, depiction, classification of the job search section of MJI.com at any time without assigning any reason and without giving any notice.
- The Client/Subscriber shall be assigned password (s) by MJI to enable the Client/Subscriber to post vacancies on the portal of MJI in agreed upon section(s), but the sole responsibility of the safe custody of the password shall be that of the Client and MJI shall under no circumstances be responsible for data loss/theft of data/corruption of data or the wrong usage/misuse of the password and/or any damage and/or leak of information and its consequential usage by a third party. MJI undertakes to take all reasonable precautions at its end to ensure that there is no leakage/misuse of the password granted to the subscriber by MJI.
- The User of the Services does not claim any copyright or other intellectual property right(s) over the data uploaded by him/her on the website of MJI.
- Further, MJI shall not be responsible for any failure on the part of JS to furnish any security bonds and/or for any breach of employment terms/policy of the Client.
- MJI may, in its sole discretion update the changes made to JS application status by the employer/recruiter/consultant.
The present terms and conditions would be governed by the laws of India and all disputes arising out of the transactions between the Client and MJI will be subject to the jurisdiction of courts situated in Delhi alone.
To enable the SmartScreen and SmartHire plans, there are certain actions that an employer/consultant/recruiter can take on MJI’s platform, these include:
- Upload profile data in the form of CVs or excel
- A profile can be uploaded either in ‘private’ mode or ‘shared’ mode. If a profile is uploaded as a private profile, only the owner of the profile/Client will have access to the profile information. This profile will not be suggested to other Client(s) if it matches their job requirement(s). MJI will not be sending any jobs to a profile in case it’s private. However, if the owner of a private profile invites the candidate online to provide details for a job, in that case owner may be able to see all available jobs. Also, in case the candidate chooses to search for other available opportunities on MJI, he/she will be allowed to do so. In case the candidate applies for a job posted by another employer, a public version of profile will automatically be created for the said JS.
- A profile uploaded in shared mode will be suggested to other Client(s) in case it matches their requirements. A shared profile will also receive job recommendations from MJI and will be prompted to apply for other jobs if the JS logs-in to MJI.
- The same profile could be uploaded as shared and private by different Client(s). If a shared instance exists for a profile, MJI will treat that profile as a shared profile and will be sharing relevant job opportunities with the candidate.
- Different versions of the profile can be uploaded by different Client(s) and they will be stored separately. However, if the JS logs in to review and update his/her profile, that version will be considered as the master profile and all other instances of the profile will get updated with this information.
- Send e-mails/SMS to JSs. Employer(s) can send templated communication to JSs to complete actions like applying for a job, updating profile information and uploading their resume etc. Employer(s) will be able to track if the JS opened the e-mail or not, or if the JS has completed the desired action or not. All of these communications will be sent out on behalf of the employer and will be triggered by the employer; however, the sender ID will be MJIs.
- Manage candidates for a job on an application tracking system
- Rate profiles and record feedback
- Submit the profiles with client and receive feedback i.e. Accept or Reject
- Bookmark/Tag profiles for using later